Principal People are thrilled to be working with a highly reputable organisation, looking to source a Health and Safety Officer
The business need support for their operational health and safety on a day to day basis and are seeking a driven individual to help drive the culture across the site and encourage pro-active behaviours.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and updating where necessary, existing policies and procedures
- Providing guidance and support to the operational workforce, ensuring they are maintaining the standards required by the business and encouraging them to push beyond these standards.
- Identifying the need for and providing advice in regard to training and how the operational workforce should be behaving on a day to day basis.
- Developing and reviewing the management systems.
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will possess good experience of providing advice on health and safety matters within a logistics background. However similar backgrounds will be considered for the right candidate.
Essential requirements include:
- Nebosh General Certificate
- Ability to demonstrate previous successes in improving a health and safety culture
- The ability to communicate and engage with all levels of personnel
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Ideally having experience within a warehousing/distribution/logistics background.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a successful company where you can utilise your existing skillset and build upon it further. If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to apply.