Health and Safety Officer to join a well-established and ever-expanding charitable care organization based in Truro with travel throughout the region.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a newly created full time H&S role with lots to do within an organisation who are bought in to Health and Safety. Reporting in to the CEO, this is a vital role to ensure the already rapid expansion is handled in the best way for the employees and individuals they care for. As the Health and Safety Officer you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to progress and most of all; develop your career within Health and Safety. The next Health and Safety Officer will ideally be based in or around the Truro area with travel throughout the Cornwall area to a range of sites.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work for the largest care organisation in the area that really make a difference to a number of individuals within the local and wider communities. This organisation offers an extremely flexible and diverse role with a variety of multisite travel to a range of sites throughout the region.
As the Health and Safety Officer your responsibilities will include:
- To be organisations subject matter expert on Health and Safety, identifying best practice, drive the direction of the organisations Health and Safety programme of activities and create and embed a culture of proactive health and safety management throughout the organisation.
- To plan, schedule and conduct regular Health and Safety audits and fire risk assessments and monitor any assessments conducted by external bodies ensuring that clear audit reports are communicated, issues escalated appropriately and required actions completed.
- To build effective working relationships with enforcing authorities/regulators on Health and Safety matters, including fire safety, that affect the organisation.
- To ensure that the organisation have effective Health and Safety monitoring and tracking systems
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBSOH Diploma or equivalent level 5 qualification in Occupational Health and Safety highly desirable)
- Experience in a similar role in a multi-site environment
- Experience of site auditing and carrying out risk assessments
- Experience working within an operational and strategic Health and Safety position with an ability to lead on the area within a multi-disciplined organisation.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 + £5,000 Car Allowance and excellent package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.