I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join a Charitable organisation based in East London. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety professional looking to develop within an organisation who give so much back to the community and will allow you to diversify your skill sets and experience further.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a wider team of individuals that work throughout London and will spend the majority of your time in the East London area.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation who wants to make Health, Safety and Wellbeing fall seamlessly into the day to day operations and be seen as something to enable them rather than disable them. Due to the nature of this Charitable organisation, they are more focussed on the Wellbeing of their staff and the service they provide over any financial incentives.
The Successful Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Director of Quality & Compliance, providing leadership, advice and expertise to all the organisations services about establishing and maintaining Health, Safety and Wellbeing systems.
- Supporting the further development of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System within the organisation.
- Leading on the progression of the ISO45001 standard ensuring the organisation attains and maintains its accreditation.
- Participating in the internal audit process coordinating the health and safety audit, communicating with and supporting the audit team throughout the process.
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will:
- Possess the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (Combined with a NEBOSH Fire Risk Management Certificate is highly desirable)
- Have experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Charity and Care but open to Healthcare and Local Authority)
- Be outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to build strong and positive working relationships
- Have working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety and Quality systems such as ISO45001, CQC, NICE (Orange Book), Clinical Governance systems and Incident reporting processes.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 plus 25 days leave plus bank holidays, an exceptional pension scheme and Healthcare.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.