I am currently seeking a Health and Safety Officer & Compliance Co-ordinator to join a well-established educational organisation based in St Albans.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a difference. As the Health and Safety Officer & Compliance Co-ordinator you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to really develop within an unbelievably varied role and ultimately develop your career within Health and Safety. You will also have the opportunity to diversify your skillset by taking on data protection and compliance for the organisation.
As the Health and Safety Officer & Compliance Co-ordinator your responsibilities will include:
- To act as the main professional advisor and coordinator for Health, Safety and Wellbeing issues, working closely with the Director of Estates and Infrastructure, in developing the strategic direction and related objectives, to support and enable the College strategic planning. To be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are compliant with legislation
- Advising the Strategic Leadership Team and appropriate managers on legislative changes, interpreting the changes and update policies and guidance as appropriate; ensuring these are delivered into working practice so that the organisation is compliant with the current legislation
- As sole budget-holder, to be responsible for the budget funds and requirements of the Health & Safety Unit
- Managing and monitoring all health, safety and environmental standards identifying areas for improvement and appropriate solutions. Assist in promoting environmental and sustainable issues and play an active part in committee.
- Develop and undertake risk assessments, monitor and advise others on risk assessments, maintain a database of risk records and ensure as far is reasonably practicable College compliance to risk assess.
The ideal Health and Safety Officer & Compliance Co-ordinator will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate with 5 years relevant experience within a similar/relatable role (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety)
- Degree or equivalent in a technical or environmental subject desirable
- 3 years’ experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Local Authority, Education, Consultancy)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality and most importantly a solution focused practitioner
- Working knowledge of GDPR regulations is highly desirable.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer & Compliance Co-ordinator will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability week commencing the 16th April. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.