Health and Safety / CDM Manager required to join a Social Housing organisation based in Essex.
This is a rare opening for a Health and Safety / CDM Manager to expand their career with an organisation who hold an excellent reputation as a diverse, forward thinking organisation.
Reporting directly to the Director of Property and with responsibility for directly line managing the Health and Safety team, the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to make a big difference in a large financially stable organisation.
This position is based in Colchester with travel around the surrounding area.
The appointed Health and Safety / CDM Manager will be responsible for:
- Embedding a Health and Safety culture within the organisation
- Reviewing and developing policies and procedures
- Providing guidance and assurance to the executive team and board
- Managing safety strategically with operational delivery
- Developing and managing the Health, Safety and Compliance team in line with the organisations objectives
- Co-ordinate, collect and pass on pre and post construction phase information across the Development team
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum however ideally a NEBOSH Diploma
- Previous experience in managing a Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in influencing and engaging with executive and board level
- Experience in delivering a Health and Safety cultural change programme, focusing on changing attitudes and behaviours
- A Social Housing background however all similar property related industries/experience will be considered (open to alternative backgrounds for exceptional candidates)
- Experience of implementing and auditing sustainable CDM Health & Safety processes
- proven track record of successfully dealing with CDM for new build development & refurbishment projects
In return the salary for the Health and Safety Manager position is paying between £36,000 - £40,000 with flexible working hours plus benefits package.