Health, Safety and Business Continuity Officer required to join a great charity organisation, who pride themselves on being a forward thinking and interesting place to work.
This is a rare opening for a Health, Safety and Business Continuity Officer to expand their career with an organisation which holds a prestigious reputation within their sector.
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving the development of health and safety policies to safeguard the London sites of operation whilst ensuring business continuity within their remit.
This role will be predominantly based in central London, Westminster, with occasional travel to two other sites which are both based in central London.
The appointed Health, Safety and Business Continuity Officer will be responsible for:
- Providing a safe working environment for all staff, visitors and contractors
- Leading on Health & Safety compliance and reporting
- Providing advice on all fire, health and safety matters
- Reviewing, upgrading and maintaining the Business Continuity plans
- Organising and implementing tests of business continuity plans
- Liaising with Risk and Internal Audit teams to ensure Health, Safety and Business continuity risks are appropriately reported and managed through their risk registers
The ideal Health, Safety and Business Continuity Officer will possess:
- A NEBOSH general certificate as a minimum
- An IOSH certificate, but not essential
- Comparable experience in a Health and Safety role across a single or multi-site
- Understanding and knowledge of business continuity planning and implementation
- Ability, enthusiasm and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Pro-active and practical approach to problem solving
In return the salary is up to £34.5k, which will rise to £37.7k after 6-month probation. Plus, a generous package including, an excellent pension scheme, Season ticket loan, Life Insurance/ Death in service cover, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and a subsidised gym membership.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.