Health, Safety and Environment Director
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety and Environment Director with a leading high risk distribution business, who are part of a FTSE 100 organisation. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Leadership and expansive Health, Safety and Environmental Team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, as the successful Health, Safety and Environment Director you will benefit from sitting on the board and working with a committed senior leadership team with a positive attitude towards safety. Managing a team of 11 HSE professionals, this is a truly strategic role where you will be setting the direction for health, safety and environment across the business.
Operating from the business’s North West head office, based near St Helens, with travel to other sites, this is an excellent chance to work for a well-established leader, who have a fantastic attitude towards health, safety and environment. You will be joining at an exciting time ahead of an infrastructure review of this high risk and diverse business.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Chance to join a diverse and high-risk business, who are cash rich and part of a FTSE 100 organisation
- Incredible opportunity to shape the role as your own
- Truly autonomous role, where you can put your own stamp on a large organization, with a business who are committed to and supportive of change
- Genuine opportunities for progression within the wider group and global business
- Access to necessary leaders within the organization, whilst sitting on the board reporting directly into the Managing Director
As the Health, Safety and Environment Director you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider business leaders in deploying and implementing new HSE initiatives and priorities
- Managing and leading your own team to ensure thorough effectiveness from HSE across the whole business
- Creating new policies and procedures to set the HSE strategy, ensuring these are truly embedded at all levels across the organisation
- Continuously improving health, safety and environmental management systems and maintaining accreditations
- Leading a transformational behavioural change project across the business, further increasing a positive health and safety culture
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Director will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Have significant health, safety and environmental experience gained within large national or international multi-site and high-risk organisations
- Be a people focused individual, who is passionate about changing cultures and behaviours
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating at board level with a fast paced and complex large organization
- Have existing leadership and management skills, having built a function with a proven track record of success
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Environment Director will be offered a salary of between £110-120k, plus £10,800 car allowance, up to 30% bonus, 7.5% pension, private medical cover (including family), permanent health insurance, 25 days AL, with the opportunity to purchase a further 5 days annually.
If this could be of interest, please apply now for your opportunity to register your application.