Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Health, Safety and Environment Manager required to join a leading Manufacturing organisation based near Trowbridge, Wiltshire. This is an incredible opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to work in both a strategic and hands on role and offers the successful candidate the chance to work autonomously.
Reporting to the Head of EHS, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policy, and continually improving awareness of HSE to create a positive and safe working environment across the site.
The appointed Health, Safety and Environment Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of HSE
- Assessing and setting HSE strategy for site
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to create and develop a positive HSE culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice HSE
- Working with existing policies and procedures and creating a strategy to review and currently enhance what is already in place
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous H&S experience within a heavy industry environment; Transport, logistics, distribution, manufacturing or similar
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate health and safety professional
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force and who ideally has previous experience with behavioural safety and creating positive working environments
In return the salary for this Health, Safety and Environment Quality Manager position is up to £50k, plus pension and 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays. We have interview slots available for August, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.