Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Health, Safety and Environment Manager required to join a leading distribution organisation based near Maidstone.
This is an incredible opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to work in both a strategic and hands on role and offers the successful candidate the chance to work autonomously managing a number of sites in and around the Kent area.
Reporting to the Risk Director the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policy, and continually improving awareness of HSE to create a positive and safe working environment, across 5 sites.
The appointed Health, Safety and Environment Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of HSE
- Assessing and setting strategy for the business across 5 sites
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to create and develop a positive HSE culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice HSE
- Working with existing policies and procedures and creating a strategy to review and currently enhance what is already in place
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous H&S experience within a heavy industry environment; transport, logistics, distribution, manufacturing or similar
- Ideally hold the NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) as a qualification but candidates working towards this level will also be considered
- Be a passionate health and safety professional
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force and who ideally has previous experience with behavioural safety and creating positive working environments
In return the salary for this Health, Safety and Environment Manager position is up to £50k, plus pension.
Interview slots are available over the next couple of weeks, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.