Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
This is an incredible opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a leading engineering company based at their modern manufacturing facility near Crawley, Sussex.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a hands-on role, benefiting from the chance to really make a difference within the company.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is an autonomous role and the successful candidate will drive company Safety policy, to improve awareness of HSE and create a positive and safe working environment across this site.
The appointed Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of HSE
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to create and develop a positive HSE culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice HSE
- Working to develop and continually improve existing policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous Health and Safety experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate Health and Safety professional, who enjoys working in a hands on and operational role
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force and who ideally has previous experience with behavioural safety and creating positive working environments
- Have previous experience working with management systems (ideally OHSAS 18001, or ISO 14001 or 9001)
In return the salary for this Health, Safety and Environmental Manager position is up to £45k, plus 25 days’ holiday (rising to 30 days after 5 years), 8% pension, private medical insurance and discretionary bonus.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview slots available shortly, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.