Principal People are pleased to be working with a reputable manufacturing company within the Bournemouth area, who are looking to source a Health, Safety, Environmental and Facilities Advisor to join them through creation of a brand-new role!
The business is seeking a HSE Advisor to help them shape and redefine the health and safety culture within the workplace, giving the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to make the role their own. The successful candidate will walk into a welcoming and friendly environment with tremendous backing from management and the company as a whole. While this company is very successful in their sector of manufacturing and offers excellent stability, they will never compromise on health and safety and have always been pro-active in their approach to it.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Doing a Gap Analysis to assess where the company could improve and making sure the systems are in place
- Creating policies and procedures to improve upon what is already in place and to drive the health and safety culture forward to standards of excellence
- Working with the workforce to create pro-active behaviours and improve the overall culture through awareness and behaving in a safe manner
- Working on an operational basis, being a visible presence on the shop floor on a day to day basis, engaging with staff and dealing with any issues that may arise
- Providing training as and when needed to staff on health and safety matters
The ideal Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor will possess tangible experience of providing health and safety advice within a similar background and be confident in entering a new role and working on an autonomous basis.
Essential requirements include:
- Nebosh General Certificate as a minimum.
- Ability to demonstrate robust experience of working in a health and safety position
- Ideally, experience within a manufacturing background or similar
- Experience of improving a health and safety culture and the ability to create pro-active behaviours
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a heavy industry background, in a health and safety capacity. The successful candidate will be offered a salary between £28,000 - £30,000 p/a depending experience plus a benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, a pension of 5% match, special discount saver scheme and death in service x 1 If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to apply.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact successful candidates for this role.