Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a well-established educational organisation based in the North West.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a difference. As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to really develop within an unbelievably varied role and ultimately develop your career within Health and Safety. You will be the sole Health and Safety representative for the organisation with support from the Facilities and Estates team and will deputise the department when applicable.
As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Head of Estates and Facilities with the development of Emergency Planning and the organisations Business Continuity Strategy.
- Working in coordination with the Head of Estates and Facilities to manage the organisations Health and Safety budget, including the ongoing monitoring of expenditure.
- Preparing regular reports on compliance and activity for presentation at specific Health and Safety meetings, Executive Board meetings and the Senior Management team meetings.
- Carrying out routine safety inspections, tours and audits of the division to ensure that Health and Safety procedures are being adhered to. You will be required to report these findings promptly and oversee the complete implementation of any identified risks that need to be adhered to.
- Managing and developing the employee training matrix in relation to Health and Safety, working with senior and general managers along with staff to establish what training different individuals require
- Acting as the divisional lead and support the introduction of an electronic Health and Safety Management system and will be responsible for maintaining furthermore
The ideal Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (e.g. NVQ Level 5 / NVQ Level 4 / Health and Safety Degree)
- A Degree or equivalent in a technical or environmental subject (desirable)
- 3 years’ experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Local Authority, Care, Consultancy, Social Housing, Retail and general Property Management)
- An outgoing personality that has is approachable and most importantly a solution focused approach to Health and Safety.
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.