Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a well-established educational organisation based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a prestigious organisation that holds an amazingly diverse and aesthetically pleasing base built up of 18 properties. As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager you will be the leading the department and working in close coordination with the Facilities team in order to assure Health and Safety compliance. It gives you the opportunity to be a part of a cohesive and supportive team within an organisation who will provide the backing to make the role your own.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity to head up Health, Safety and Environment within an educational organisation that is well renowned in its space with ambitious growth plans. This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with a variety of multisite travel and a real sense of autonomy in the way you want to manage Safety.
As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring working practices are safe, environmentally sound and comply with relevant legislation, including COSHH, fire regulations, food hygiene, hazardous substances such as asbestos, noise, confined spaces, working at height, safeguarding machinery, stress management, DSE and occupational diseases etc.
- Maintaining ISO14001 and ISO50001 accreditation by identifying and leading initiatives for continual improvement.
- Carrying out regular site inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Preparing and submiting the organisations carbon footprint disclosure.
The ideal Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH General Certificate with 5 years’ relevant experience within a similar role considered)
- A Chartered Membership status with IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Demonstrable experience in managing Health and Safety within a large multi-disciplined organisation (open to backgrounds with a preference for Local Authority, Education, Property Management and Consultancy)
- An outgoing and approachable personality with a solution focused mindset
- A full UK valid Driving Licence
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will be offered a salary of up to £45,000 plus a great benefits package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.