Safety Health and Environment Manager- Manufacturing - £35-40k + package
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety Professional to work for a well-established and rapidly growing company near Weston Super Mare. Reporting directly to the Site Manager and working with the Group Health and Safety Manager, you will support the organisation by carrying out operational Health and Safety, implementing companywide EHS strategy on site and improving the overall behavioural safety and cultures on site. This role offers a lot of autonomy and the chance to shape the site’s overall Health and Safety performance by utilising your skills and knowledge!
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Working for a well-established and rapidly growing organisation
- An autonomous role, so the ability to manage and shape Health and Safety on site as you see fit.
- The company offer a generous amount of holiday of 25 days and a pension match scheme.
- Work for a company with a strong buy into Health and Safety, who are pro-actively committed to seeing improvements made!
As the Safety, Health and Environmental Manager you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out operational Health and Safety on a day to day basis
- Coaching and training staff to comply with Health and Safety standards on site.
- Ensuring what’s in place is fit for purpose, making sure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ensuring improvement of culture on site and ensuring positive behavioural changes take place.
- Implementing companywide EHS strategy into the site.
The successful Safety, Health, Environmental Manager will:
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate
- Possess experience of working within manufacturing or a similar industry.
- Environmental experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Be a personable and engaging person who has the ability to communicate at all levels and build relationships within the workplace.