Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a well-established educational organisation based in Swansea.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that values Health and Safety. As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied role that will ultimately develop and diversify your experience within Health and Safety.
As the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with managers to maintain safe systems, providing advice, guidance and practical support where necessary to ensure that risk assessments of classrooms, workshops, laboratories and other College areas and activities are carried out.
- Advising the Governing Body and Senior Management team on the implications of current and emerging HSE legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and developing action plans.
- Keeping up to date on Health & Safety and Environmental legislation, codes of practice and guidance notes and undertake training courses and attend IOSH meetings. To maintain IOSH membership.
- Attending the organisations Health and Safety and Welfare Committee as a member of the senior management team.
- Developing and undertaking risk assessments, monitor and advise others on risk assessments, maintain a database of risk records and ensure as far is reasonably practicable compliance to risk assess.
The ideal Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (CMIOSH or working towards)
- Degree or equivalent in a technical or environmental subject
- Relevant Environmental management qualification
- 3 years’ experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Local Authority, Education, Consultancy)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality and most importantly a solution focused practitioner
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.