Health, Safety and Environmental Manager – South East + London – Up to £45k + car, pension + package
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join an excellent facilities management organisation operating across the South East.
This position will offer the successful candidate a wonderful opportunity to work with FTSE 100 clients amongst others, potentially opening new opportunities for the successful candidate in the future. The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will report into the Board of Directors.
Taking responsibility to help manage the HSE function as well as the quality and compliance of the organisation, the successful candidate will act as the competent person and will also help to look after a team of administrators. This positive challenge will include liaising with clients and subcontractors on a regular basis, developing and implementing HSEQ auditing strategy, and covering the South East region.
As the HSE Manager you will be:
- Understanding the areas for HSE development across the business both in the short term and longer term
- Supporting and continuously improving the organisation’s internal management systems including 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Providing expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters and acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Reporting and providing advice to the board and managers regarding all HSEQ matters
- Monitoring and managing the quality of accident information, reporting and investigation
- Writing and managing RAMS and approving all subcontractor RAMS
- Supporting the operational FM team in their provision of total FM services
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will have the following qualifications/experience as a minimum:
- A NEBOSH national general certificate in occupational health and safety
- Outstanding experience of working in a construction, CDM or hard facilities management environment
- Experience of providing reporting/assurance to senior leadership or clients
- Experience of management systems, e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
- Ability and willingness to work across a regional remit
If you are interested in discussing this further, please contact Jack Robinson on 01252 954963 or email@example.com