Health, Safety and Environmental Manager- 50k- 55k plus £6,600 car allowance + extensive package based near Derby.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and significant, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager position to join a highly reputable Manufacturing organisation who are recognised globally as a leader within their specialist field.
This position will offer the successful candidate full autonomy to make a difference, with a unique opportunity to assist and implement new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead Health and Safety within the business. Reporting directly to the Site Director with a dotted line to the Safety Vice President and the Regional Health and Safety Manager.
This significant but hugely positive challenge will include writing and reviewing policies and procedures, implementing transformation of change and undertake regular audits and site inspections.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Deliver sustainable improvements to the health and safety and help to develop a cultural change in the mindset of all employees.
- Reporting of accident statistics, RIDDOR reports as required and the review of near miss forms.
- Development and implementation of risk assessments, safe systems of work and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Carry out accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations.
- Implementation of health & safety toolkits, to promote a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
- Ensuring that statutory requirements are being upheld throughout the organisation e.g. COSHH, RIDDOR, COMAH
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will:
- Hold experience within COMAH industry although not essential
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return the salary is £50k-£55k + 6,600 car allowance + non contribution pension of 10% + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + 15% discretionary bonus + private healthcare.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.