Health and Safety and Fire Safety Advisor to join a well-established Education organisation based in Central London. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a real difference. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Health and Safety and Fire Safety you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within a leading creative University in the London area. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites all within a half mile radius.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a University who are well respected in their space and have recently expanded. The role is extremely varied with a combination of Health, Safety and Fire operations under your remit with a major part of the role consisting of the implementation and management of the Fire Safety systems and strategy in general. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Health, Safety and Fire Safety Advisor will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of Health and Safety and Fire Safety policy and procedures and the provision of information and training to University employees and students.
- Supporting the Head of Health and Safety with the collation and analysis of the Health and Safety performance management data, and preparation of management reports.
- Developing a positive Health and Safety culture within an organisation
- Assisting and advising staff in relation to health and safety and fire issues, concerns, requirements and resolutions.
- Completion of all required reports, audits and risks assessments for the departments in liaison with the Head of Health & Safety
The ideal Health, Safety and Fire Safety Advisor will:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum
- Hold a NEBOSH Fire Certificate (Open to other relevant fire safety qualifications)
- Possess experience working both in an operational and strategic capacity within Fire Safety.
- Have demonstrable experience working within a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Be a solution focussed practitioner with a passion about influencing positive Safety culture.
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Fire Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £42,000 plus 40 days leave (including bank holidays and 4 closure days), an exceptional pension scheme and CPD budget on offer.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.