Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager to join a well-established educational organisation based in Bristol.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a difference. As the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to really develop within an unbelievably varied role and ultimately develop your career within Health and Safety.
As the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager your responsibilities will include:
- To act as the main professional advisor and coordinator for Health, Safety and Wellbeing issues, working closely with the Director of Estates and Infrastructure, in developing the strategic direction and related objectives, to support and enable the College strategic planning. To be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are compliant with legislation
- Advising the Strategic Leadership Team and appropriate managers on legislative changes, interpreting the changes and update policies and guidance as appropriate; ensuring these are delivered into working practice so that the organisation is compliant with the current legislation
- Managing and monitoring all health, safety and environmental standards identifying areas for improvement and appropriate solutions. Assist in promoting environmental and sustainable issues and play an active part in committees.
- Develop and undertake risk assessments, monitor and advise others on risk assessments, maintain a database of risk records and ensure as far is reasonably practicable College compliance to risk assess.
The ideal Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager will have:
- a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH General Certificate with 5 years relevant experience within a similar/relatable role)
- a Degree or equivalent in a technical or environmental subject
- a Level 2 Fire Safety Risk Assessment Qualification
- 3 years’ experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Local Authority, Education, Consultancy, )
- An outgoing individual that has an approachable personality and most importantly a solution focused practitioner
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.