Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager - 65K-70K plus discretionary bonus and extensive package based on multiple sites between London and Birmingham
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created role for a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager to join a leading Civil Engineering and Utilities organisation covering multiple sites between London and Birmingham.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work on a major infrastructure project for a renowned Civil Engineering and Utilities contractor. Becoming a fundamental part of the established team, responsibilities include provision of safe working across the project, attending regular client meetings and checking of safety systems.
The successful Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Managerwill report directly to the Framework manager with direct lines of communication to the board. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing legacy policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of HSE across the business.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
· Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation.
· Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted.
· Assisting the business with the recruitment of key personnel to support the HSE function within the first 12 months of joining the business.
· Contribute and assist with pre construction phase plans.
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will hold:
· Experience within the Utilities sector.
· NEBOSH General or equivalent
· Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience of managing a team of Health and Safety professionals
Ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity to work on a prestigious project and an incredible career opportunity.
In return the salary is £65-£70k + Company car or £6,700 car allowance + £12k discretionary bonus + 7% match pension scheme + Bupa Health Care + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.