Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created role for a Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager to join an industry-leading facilities management organisation operating across the UK.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work on a new account for the organisation and to help lay the foundation for an ongoing HSEQ and business relationship with the key account.
The successful HSEQ Manager will report into the Head of HSEQ with a direct line also into the account director of the key account.
Taking responsibility for the management of the HSE function within the key account, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include liaising with the client on a regular basis, developing and implementing HSEQ auditing strategy, and representing the key account at sector HSEQ team meetings.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Undertaking a Gap Analysis to ascertain areas for HSE development across the account both in the short term and longer term.
- Supporting and continuously improving the organisation’s internal management system
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Monitoring and managing the quality of accident information, reporting and investigation within the organisation’s global reporting system
- Supporting and growing behavioural safety initiatives both within the organisation and key account
The successful HSEQ Manager will have the following qualifications/experience as a minimum:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management position in corporate facilities management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of hard services, mechanical and electrical or fabrics
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience of quality management systems (QMS), e.g. ISO 9001 auditor experience
- Experience of working within a client-facing role in a senior health and safety management position
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders across a large national remit
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please contact Jack Robinson on 01252 954963 or firstname.lastname@example.org