Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager- 47k-55K plus extensive package based Nantwich, Cheshire
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager position to join a highly reputable up and coming Rail organisation within the North West and operating across the UK.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality function within the business. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high performing business, with unlimited opportunities to develop your career and a team - at a truly exciting time for the company. The business has constantly grown and are now in the process of tendering for future contracts which will enable the business to grow further.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the HSEQ function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing legacy policies and procedures to ensure compliance and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of HSEQ across the business.
The successful Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager will be reporting into the Directors of the business and hold the following key responsibilities:
· Reviewing and creating HSEQ policies and procedures.
· Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
· Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
· Conduct site audits, site inspections and accident investigations as required
· Attend regular internal and client meetings
The successful Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager will hold:
· Experience within the Rail industry with Power or Electricity Distribution experience a further benefit.
· NEBOSH General or NEBOSH Construction certificate as a minimum
· IEMA Membership
· Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies and procedures
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· PTS Card is highly advantageous but not essential
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare position and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Our client is open to seeing candidates with a varied level of experience of Health and Safety within the Rail sector.
In return the salary is £47-£55k + company car or car allowance (£5.4k) + Fuel card + 8% pension scheme + 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays + Life Insurance
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.