Health and Safety Manager - Reading - 50K + Car Allowance on top
Principal People are looking for a safety professional to join an expanding and award-winning organisation within maintenance and engineering.
This incredible, newly created opportunity is an exciting proposition for a Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager to expand their career with a progressive organisation who hold a prestigious reputation as a diverse, forward thinking family run company. This role will have responsibility for the management and mobilisation of a key contracts.
This is a newly created position due to the phenomenal growth of the business. It will be based out of the Reading office, with regional travel to contract sites.
The appointed Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Continuously reviewing, implementing and maintaining effective HSEQ policies, procedures and practices
- Facilitating, coordinating and managing the companies’ accreditations to ISO and OHSAS standards
- Supporting the day to day operations of contractors, staff and helping to facilitate client needs
- Conducting assessments, deploying resources to manage identified risk when required
- Stakeholder engagement and management, both internally and within the client contracts
The ideal Health and Safety Manager candidate will possess:
- NEBOSH Certificate with relevant experience will be considered
- Significant experience within facilities or property management, ideally within care or the education sectors
- Extensive demonstrated experience in managing safety across a multi-site role
- An understanding of how to build and develop relationships within key client contracts
- Experience of managing or implementing ISO14001 or ISO9001 or OHSAS18001
In return the salary is up to £50,000 and an expansive package including private health care, company pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement of 35 days (inclusive of bank holidays).
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.