Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an exciting role based just east of Hemel Hempstead. The highly reputable and specialised Manufacturing organisation are looking for their new experienced SHEQ Manager to join the business.
This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to work on a very autonomous basis, managing your own diary, within an organisation who really value their employees and who support Health and Safety. Although you won’t be directly leading a team, you will be within the head of departments team and within a senior position of the business.
The successful SHEQ Manager will report directly to the Managing Director. Taking responsibility for all SHEQ queries and concerns, working to encourage pro-active health and safety behaviours. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include coaching and advising site managers on all SHEQ related concerns, training the workforce and managing any changes needed through business requirements.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Linking in with company Gap Analysis to ascertain areas SHEQ development across the site both in the short term and longer term.
- Improving the SHEQ cultures to help reach standards of excellence throughout the company
- Managing any changes necessary through business needs in terms of SHEQ
- Providing leadership and expertise to members of staff on site, ensuring people are behaving in a safe manner.
- Improve and maintain all SHEQ management systems onsite.
The successful SHEQ Manager will have:
- Experience within the Manufacturing sector although not essential
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
- The ability to influence and encourage pro-active behaviours to improve the overall health and safety culture.
- Experience in using Management Systems, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and FORS & FSC Accreditations
- Experience within Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental positions
The successful applicant will receive a salary between £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and benefits which include; pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, BUPA, and employee discounts. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.