Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting an incredibly exciting new role for a Junior Health and Safety Advisor to join a forward thinking, growing company who are one of the largest Southern recycling and waste companies who are based in North West London.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for supporting the Health and Safety Manager and you will have the chance to work with a variation of people really encouraging their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety standards. In return our client can offer you incredible career development and assist your Progression with in your health and safety career and offer career progression.
The successful Junior Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Health and Safety Manage.
Taking responsibility for operational health and safety within the waste organisation, the successful candidate will support the health and safety manger in taking the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns throughout the 4 sites. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and taking part in new initiatives and projects.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist in the development of Health, Safety and welfare procedures
- Assisting in the delivery of Health & Safety training and advising of the content.
- Undertaking regular site inspection internally and externally for our clients
- Assisting the Health & Safety Manager in appraising Risk Assessments, Permits and other controls and supporting managers with respect to this.
- Assist and cover the Health & safety Manager in investigating and recording incidents and accidents.
- Updating and inputting data for KPIs and compliance requirements
- Advising on protective clothing and equipment
- Assist in producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Assist in managing Health & Safety objectives (KPIs).
The successful Junior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety would be desirable although not essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some experience with working in a Health and Safety role
- Experience within a Heavy industry background or similar although not essential
- A valid UK driving licences
In return, the successful Junior Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of £25,000 - £27,000 including; holiday and employer pension.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.