£20,000 to £24,000 – Key Account Manager – London
- Are you an experienced Sales Professional who is looking for a fresh challenge, away from cold calling?
- Are you seeking the opportunity to work for an organisation who will truly develop and recognise you?
If so, this could be an exceptional opportunity for you.
In the heart of London my client, a Health and Safety Consultancy (don’t worry! You require no knowledge of Health and Safety to be considered for this job) are looking for a Key Account Manager to keep in touch with and manage the relationships of the clients that they already work with.
As a Key Account Manager, your responsibilities will include getting to know each of the clients within your remit, to understand how the business can maintain and improve the level of service provided and continue to add value to them.
This is a newly created, true account management role to support the front line business development team; maintaining and developing existing relationships with accounts the business have already won. Therefore, this could be the perfect role for a Sales Professional who thrives in a relationship driven environment, without new business targets.
The benefits of this role include:
- An excellent salary package, including a basic salary of £20,000 to £24,000 plus an attractive commission incentive.
- A straight forward commute into central London.
- Working with a high performing team who are completely aligned with the business goals (the organisation hold an exceptional retention rate of their sales staff).
- Working for a highly successful organisation who emphasise the value the Key Account Manager will bring to the business. The selected candidate will work in an environment in which their contribution is recognised and rewarded.
A typical day for a Key Account Manager will include:
- Developing relationships with existing clients, ensuring that excellent levels of service are maintained and identifying additional needs they may have through both telephone customer service and face to face meetings.
- Playing an essential communication role between the front line business development team and the operational consultants who are delivering the work on site.
- Taking part in internal sales and strategy meetings, setting clear objectives with full support from the management team.
- Communicating with operational consultants to understand report findings from site visits, diarising any actions or client follow ups as required.
- Working closely with the front line business development team to understand the clients contract requirements and any additional ways in which the organisation could add clear value as you continue to develop the relationship.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Sales experience within any sector, and we mean any sector! For us, it is all about the right talent – not just your CV. Some of the ideal backgrounds include (but are not limited to) Sales Executive, Aftersales Executive, Insurance Coordinator, Customer Service Executive, Account Manager, Recruitment Professional, Estate Agent and Travel Agent.
If this is of interest to you, please apply online TODAY!