Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting role for a Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join a fast-progressing Manufacturing organisation based in Cardiff. The company has recently invested over £2m in new machinery and are looking to continuously improve their Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to integrate existing strategy in the organisation, whilst bringing their own ideas about Quality and Health and Safety functions to the business.
The successful Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will report directly to the Managing Director and will work with stakeholders at every level of the business.
Entrusted with maintaining existing ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 accreditations, the successful candidate will also take the lead across all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing risk assessments and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of QHSE across the business.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Spearheading the drive towards a gold standard in Quality and Health and Safety across the business
- Leader of Quality Assurance Department including 3 direct reports
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental matters
- Providing visibility and leadership to all employees on site
- Reviewing risk assessments and safe systems of work and providing an overview of procedures already in place
- Maintaining and renewing health, safety and environmental accreditations
The successful Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will:
- Have experience within the heavy manufacturing sector, for instance in electronics or steel
- Continuous Improvement qualification preferred (e.g. Six Sigma Green / Black Belt).
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate
- Be a strong character, able to provide excellent leadership to workers on site, with a pragmatic approach to achieving excellence in Quality, Health and Safety
- Be an engaging professional, passionate about creating and developing positive working environments
Offering a competitive salary and excellent working environment, this is a fantastic opportunity. Interview slots are available shortly, please apply now to be considered for this position.