Regional Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Regional Environmental, Health and Safety Manager required to join a Logistics and Distribution company based in Washington, covering the 2 sites in Leeds and a further sites in the North of England.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Regional Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join an expanding Logistics and Distribution organisation who have an excellent reputation within their field. You will be responsible for improving the HSE culture across the distribution sites that span the North of England.
This role will offer the successful candidate the chance to work in a hands on capability, making the role their own. There is also the genuine opportunity to progress with this expanding and developing business.
The appointed Regional Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Group Health and Safety Manager and imbedding strategy across the business
- Managing change of ISO14001 to the new standard
- Implementing group environmental, health and safety strategy
- Coaching and supporting personnel at all levels to improve the health and safety culture across the sites
- Monitoring health and safety performance, inspections and audits
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in Logistics, Transport, Warehousing, Distribution or a similar industry
- NEBOSH Environmental Diploma or equivalent (NEBOSH Environmental Certificate will be considered for the right candidate)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (NEBOSH Certificate will be considered for the right candidate)
- Knowledge of ISO14001
- Experience in implementing company policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and engagement skills throughout all levels of a business
Reasons to work for this business:
- Fast expanding company with a passionate Health and Safety team.
- Great variation within the role covering a number of sites
- Very strong HSEQ buy-in from the business as a whole
- Ability to truly make a stamp on the role and make positive changes throughout.
In return, the position is paying between £38k-42.6K, plus company car, 3% pension match, 3x life cover, Bupa Healthcare, 25 days holiday. Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.