Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting an incredibly exciting and newly created Regional Health and Safety Manager position, to join a highly successful, market leading specialised Logistics and Distribution organisation. This is a multisite role based around the Milton Keynes area with a focus on sites in Enfield and Droitwich, with the opertunity to potentially work from home one day a week.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role, with career development and progression available.
The successful Regional Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety who is extremely passionate about developing his team.
Taking responsibility for the operational Health and Safety within the organisation, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety compliance queries and concerns regarding the sites across the South of England. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their Health and Safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture and behaviours.
- Reviewing and conducting risk assessments.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations.
- Maintaining and integrating Health and Safety management systems.
- Proving all employees with health and safety training and induction training.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are. regularly reviewed and update.
- Guide operational management through compliance auditing, compliance written reporting.
The successful Regional Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or Equivalent.
- Experience within a Logistics or Distribution or Warehousing background or similar
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with a Health and Safety role
- Able to travel and hold a UK drivers’ licence
In return, the successful Regional Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 including; Company car, a generous pension, Holidays, Private Health care and discounts off high street retailers.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role