Regional Health and Safety Manager
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Regional Health and Safety Manager to join a prestigious transport and distribution company based in Southampton covering the South of England.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Regional Health and Safety Manager to join an expanding and forward-thinking Logistics and distribution organisation who have an excellent reputation within their field. You will be responsible for improving the Health, Safety and Environment culture across the distribution sites that span the South of England, within a brand-new role that has been created.
This role will offer the successful candidate the chance to work in a hands-on capacity, with the opportunity to put your own stamp on the role and really modernise health and safety and bring it forward into the 21st century! You will be responsible for improving the health and safety cultures and behaviours over a number of sites within a logistic capacity, there is also the genuine opportunity to progress with this expanding and developing business.
The appointed Regional Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Head of Health and Safety and imbedding strategy across the business.
- Improving health and safety cultures and behaviours in a forward-thinking manner
- Coaching and supporting personnel at all levels in respect of health and safety
- Monitoring health and safety performance, inspections and audits
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in Logistics, Transport, Warehousing, distribution or a similar industry however other backgrounds will be considered for the right candidate
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (NEBOSH Certificate will be considered for the right candidate)
- Knowledge of ISO14001 or OHSAS18001
- Experience in implementing company policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and engagement skills throughout all levels of a business
Reasons to work for this business:
- Fast expanding company with a passionate Health and Safety team.
- Great variation within the role covering a number of sites
- Very strong HSEQ buy-in from the business as a whole
- Ability to truly make a stamp on the role and make positive changes throughout.
In return, the position is paying between 40-45K, company car or car allowance, 4% pension match, plus other benefits. Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.