Safety, Health and Wellbeing Manager - 58K plus package based in Newbury, Berkshire.
Principal People are currently recruiting for Safety, Health and Wellbeing Manager in partnership with an exceptional award-winning business, due to the phenomenal organic growth of the organisation. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high performing business, with unlimited opportunities to develop your career - at a truly exciting time for the company. A nationally renowned organisation who have a fantastic reputation as an established and growing business within their specialist sector
Reporting directly into the Health and Safety Director,
The successful Safety, Health and Wellbeing Manager will be responsible for:
Developing strategies that will improve safety, health, and wellbeing performance
- Implementing the safety, health and wellbeing policies and objectives by raising awareness, monitoring performance and reporting key issues and statistical data to business senior management
- Advising management on safety, health, and wellbeing matters including compliance with applicable legislation and industry best practice.
- Liaise with enforcing authorities and professional groups
- Planning and delivering training in line with the annual training plan.
- Monitoring business performance by undertaking audits as directed, monitoring inspection reports, Producing reports for both senior and local management.
- Developing a professional safety, health and wellbeing team by managing advisors and other departmental resources
- Overseeing accident and incident investigations and supporting senior management in the effective management of the incidents
The successful Safety, Health and Wellbeing Manager will hold:
- Diploma in occupational Health and Safety or equivalent as a minimum.
- Substantial H&S technical and managerial experience.
- Be a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our client is open to seeing Safety, Health and Wellbeing Managers with a range of experience.
In return the salary is £53-£58k + company car or car allowance + up to 18% pension scheme + discretionary bonus + private healthcare.