Scheme Manager - £22,550 – Ipswich 3 to 6-month FTC
Social Housing Recruitment are working with a Housing Association based towards Ipswich, who are looking for a Scheme Manager to run a Scheme of Sheltered Housing for Elderly residents. The role will be focussed on promoting independence and no care responsibilities are attached to the role. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop and improve management experience whilst leading an endearing team in a beautiful location
The successful Scheme Manager will work autonomously with most of the day to day responsibilities. Customer interaction is vital for this role however, as the scheme is promoting independence there will be no previous experience of care required or needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a developing Scheme Manager to start something great for themselves. Being part of a community driven housing association, which can shape the future for so many residents who are aiming towards independence. With benchmarked salaries and great benefits, this is one of the most empowering, empathetic roles we have to offer.
Responsibilities of the Scheme Manager:
- To assist in providing a full range of housing management services
- Provide tenants a sign posting service to other agencies
- Customer Engagement, guidance and advice with elderly customers in the framework of the tenancy agreement
- Health, Safety and Security Checks in residents’ properties and to successfully manage the environment of the buildings
- Writing reports, pre and post inspection of properties and highlighting rent arears and accessing any agencies which might lift the burden on financial issues
- Understanding the professional boundaries between the Scheme Manager and residents
Essential requirements for this post:
- Housing Management experience in relevant role with 2 years’ experience
- Experience of working with customer focused organisation dealing sensitively and calmly with complaints and issues raised by tenants
- Autonomous working and the ability to achieve the co-operation of others
- Clean and full Driving Licence and use of a car is required
- The ability to self-develop, listening to others and raising issue when necessary to improve the performance of the schemes and the staff
For the successful Scheme Manager this role is paying £22,550 and a great package on top of that.
This role is urgent, and our client is looking to interview over the next week. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please don’t miss out and get in contact today with your most recent CV.