Senior Health and Safety Advisor to join a well-established Local Authority organisation based in Edinburgh.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual to make a real impact on a complex organisation. As the Senior Health and Safety Advisor you will be deputy to the Head of Safety and will be working at a strategic level, advising on operations and policies to ensure the highest level of standards are met. You will be part of a great team environment within a role that is extremely diverse, with the opportunity to progress and develop your career within Health and Safety.
As the Senior Health and Safety Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Developing policies and procedures to comply with Health and Safety legislation
- Ensuring mechanisms are in place across each Directorate to identify and quantify Health & Safety risks across the Council
- Developing and maintaining effective and trusted relationships with Senior Management and Trade Union representatives
- Taking accountability for trend analysis of incidents and preparation of reports for key stakeholders
The ideal Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Wide experience across multiple Safety environments
- Experience working within a Local Authority / Public Sector organisation
- Ability to develop and implement effective strategies, policies and procedures
- Experience operating at a strategic level
- 5 years’ experience within a full-time Health and Safety role (or equivalent)
In return, the successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 plus 26 days of annual leave and flexible working hours in addition to other benefits
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.