I am currently seeking a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to join a well-established charitable organisation based in London (Ability to work from home with travel around once / twice a month in to the London office).
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a real difference to individuals throughout the United Kingdom.
As the Senior Health and Safety Advisor you will be responsible for a range of events and fundraisers throughout the UK, working within a cohesive and supportive team.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is an opportunity join an organisation that is well renowned in its space with an overall goal of making a real difference to those in need. This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with a variety of multisite travel and a real sense of autonomy in the way you want to manage safety with also the opportunity to work from home.
As the Senior Health and Safety Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on a focused improvement project in the safe management of events run by or on-behalf of the charitable organisation.
- Providing event safety subject matter expertise and guidance to the organisation.
- Working closely with the fundraising directorate to define, and lead the development and implementation of robust but proportionate event safety policies, procedures, guidance and event planning templates for internal use.
- Providing advice on and support the process of risk ranking new events notified to be undertaken on-behalf of the charitable organisation.
- Generating model risk assessments for a variety of events.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on risk assessments, event management plans and associated documentation prepared by the fundraising directorate for events to help ensure they are suitable and sufficient for purpose.
- Supporting the assessment of risk associated with complex cases e.g. event participants with additional needs.
- Supporting the Fundraising directorate to assess (and review as necessary) the risks to staff/volunteers arising from their role in the planning and execution of events and give advice on preventative measures to minimise/eliminate hazards.
- Developing and maintaining a health and safety competency matrix for all event management roles.
- Producing a specification of core health and safety training requirements for all event management roles.
- Creating and delivering events health and safety awareness and other event specific training to stakeholder groups.
- Working closely with the H&S Manager, lead on the roll-out and ongoing management of the new unified incident reporting system within the Fundraising directorate.
The ideal Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety qualification (Degree within Occupational Health and Safety is desirable)
- A Graduate membership status with IOSH as a minimum (Ideally CMIOSH)
- Experience within Events and Fundraising is highly desirable
- A proven track record of working autonomously across multiple sites
In return, the successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £40,500 plus benefits package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.