Senior Health and Safety Advisor - Logistics – up to £50k + Package.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to join a world leading engineering organisation based near Slough.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, high energy environment, with no one day being the same. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety, whilst being a part of the development of a world-renowned client site. In return the client can offer fantastic career development opportunities and will endeavour to train and develop you to the best of your ability.
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Head of SEQ, and work alongside 5 other health and safety professionals.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety in the maintenance, and installation of the automated systems, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the day to day health and safety on an operational basis.
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions.
- Overseeing the health and safety on the installations and maintenance of the automated systems.
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- Experience within a manufacturing/engineering or similar heavy industry.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
With the opportunity to work for a market leading organisation and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.