Senior Health and Safety Advisor - £45k-£52k ** Relocation to Cumbria required ** Relocation allowance, bonus and extensive package – Nuclear, Infrastructure, Rail, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Power Distribution or Process and Systems
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly prestigious Senior Health and Safety position to join a well established and highly reputable organisation who have a diverse and extensive risk and operations portfolio. This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work within a high profile organisation working across multiple disciplines including infrastructure, construction, manufacturing, chemicals and nuclear.
If you are searching for a fresh challenge with the support and structure in place to truly enhance your knowledge and skillset as a Senior Health and Safety Advisor then this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Working to the highest standards of Health and Safety, the successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will join a growing and diverse team who place a great emphasis on personal development, career progression, with a market leading employee retention rate.
Taking responsibility for reviewing and monitoring Health and Safety performance across specific areas within the organisation, the appointed Senior Health and Safety Advisor will act as the organisations specialist subject expert and provide technical and practical advice to the business and project teams.
This rare opportunity, will include key responsibilities such as:
- Creating and delivering health, safety and environmental improvement programmes, to influence and develop the health and safety culture
- Review health, safety and environmental performance including the output of certain activities, to identify root cause analysis and corrective actions needed
- Providing leadership and expertise to operational teams across the organisation, acting as the point of escalation.
- Support, coach and mentor individuals both inside and outside of the health and safety function
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding (within specific key technical areas of risk) of applicable health and safety legislation, principles and industry standards.
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Experience within Nuclear, Infrastructure, Rail, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Power Distribution or Process and Systems is essential
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum
- Be a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or working towards achieving this.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return the successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will receive:
- A basic salary of £45,000 - £52,000 per annum
- A discretionary company bonus scheme c. £4000
- 5% annual bonus depending on individual and company performance
- £8,000 tax free relocation allowance if applicable
- Private pension scheme up to 20%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
This is a truly rare and challenging opportunity which is a incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today by sending your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>