Senior Operations Manager – London – Payroll - up to £70,000 p/a (dependent upon experience) + Progression
Burnham Resources are currently seeking a Senior Operations Manager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing Payroll Bureau based in London. This is a newly created role to work with the Managing Director to plan, provide, deliver and review, payroll and related services which meet or exceed the needs of current and future customers, and thereby drive high levels of satisfaction within the businesses customer base.
The Senior Operations Manager will develop and refine the operation to match the increasing demand of efficiency and service, that client’s demand. They will also develop strategically and shape the development of the team and operational strategy for the business.
This position would suit an individual who is used to delegating effectively, managing processes and people to optimize their productivity and development, problem solving, and encouraging their management team to provide solutions.
The Managing Director is looking to progress the successful Senior Operations Manager to an Operations Director role within 2 years, subject to performance and key achievements.
The Daily Duties of the Senior Operations Manager will include:
- Management of 5 direct reports and 17 indirect reports, which include Payroll Officers and Production.
- Delivery of payroll services to for circa 250 customers (400 different PAYE’s)
- Processing circa 60,000 pay slips per month.
- Reviewing team performance on a regular basis and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Resource planning - ensuring that sufficient and appropriate staff resources are always available to meet the anticipated needs of the business.
- Working closely with the Customer Service Manager and Payroll Managers to ensure that services to, and relationships with, their most important customers are of the highest order.
- Attending meetings with Major Accounts, either on-site or off-site, to maintain and improve business relationships and to resolve any customer issues.
- Promptly handling and resolving with the Customer Service Manager customer complaints and escalations.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A Minimum of 5 years’ experience with demonstrable progression to managerial level.
- A minimum of 3 years’ payroll experience within a bureau or major accountancy practice environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Superlative organisational and problem-solving skills.
In return this position is offering up to £70,000 p/a (depending on experience, 22 days’ holiday, 4% matched pension and life assurance.
Apply today to ensure you don’t miss out on this outstanding opportunity with plenty of room to progress!
Burnham Resources is operating as a division of Principal People.