Health and Safety Advisor – 6-month contract – M&E / Fit-out – Portsmouth / Isle of Wight - £250p/d to £265p/d – ASAP
Principal People are pleased to be working with a leading Principle Contractor, looking to source an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to work with them on a contract basis for 6 months.
The business is seeking support for a contract based in Portsmouth / Isle of Wight. While this contract is initially offered for a period of 6 months, there is significant scope for the Health and Safety Advisor to provide further support to the organisation on multiple upcoming contracts. To date, 100% of the organisations Health and Safety contractors have been offered extensions.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out site walk arounds
- Ensuring compliance on site
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Ensuring all work is undertaken safely
- Carrying out basic health and safety training
- Advising sub-contractors on site regarding health and safety
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will possess experience working on new-build / M&E projects.
Essential requirements include:
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate as a minimum
- The ability to communicate and engage with all levels of personnel
- Have basic CDM knowledge
- Experience working at height is desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a contract which may lead to ongoing work with the organisation in the future. If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to apply.