Sustainability Manager – Construction / Fit Out - London £35k - £45k + Car allowance and Package
An incredible opportunity has arisen for a Sustainability Manger to join an internationally renowned and award winning Principal Contractor, based in London and covering sites around the capital.
Reporting directly in to the Head of Sustainability, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of sustainability strategies across the organisation. Two years into their five-year strategic plan, this role will play a key role in delivering on the organisations vision, which is supported from the executive team.
With clear growth potential, along with a diverse work load and relaxed working atmosphere, this is an ideal role for a candidate who has experience within the construction industry as a Sustainability/Environmental/CSR Practitioner and is keen to progress themselves within a leader within their field.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a number of key tasks including:
- Supporting projects team operationally, moving to more strategic assistance and guidance over time
- Carrying out site inspections to check legal and management system compliance
- Developing communication and guidance tools
- Assisting project teams in implementing the Considerate Constructors Scheme on site, as well as wider initiatives to benefit local communities
- Producing reports on Sustainability for internal and external publication
- Assisting in developing environmental & sustainability KPI measuring and recording techniques
- Developing and delivering the Group Corporate Responsibility report through liaising with internal departments
To be considered for the role of Sustainability Manager you will have:
- An Environmental or Sustainability qualification (degree level is highly desirable)
- Experience within Construction / Fit out - other backgrounds will be considered
- An understanding of BREEAM, SKA and LEED
- Knowledge of the ISO 14001 management system and environmental legislation
- An enthusiastic personality with excellent interpersonal skills allowing communication across all levels within the organisation
In return, the salary offered for the Sustainability Manager is up to £45k + car and package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.