Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting an incredibly exciting new role for a Trainee Health and Safety Manager to join a forward thinking, large award-winning manufacturing company who are based in South Wales.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for supporting the plant manager and you will have the chance to work with a variation of people really encouraging their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety standards. In return our client can offer you incredible career development and assist your Progression with in your health and safety career and offer career progression.
The successful Trainee Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Plant Manager and have a direct line to the Group Health and Safety Manager.
Taking responsibility for operational health and safety within this fast-paced manufacturing organisation, the successful candidate will support the Plant Manager in taking the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns throughout the site. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and taking part in new initiatives and projects.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture and behaviours
- Reviewing and conducting risk assessments
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations.
- Maintaining ISO 14001 and 9001 international standards.
- Proving all employees with health and safety training and induction training
- Co-ordinate, monitor and ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are regularly reviewed and update.
The successful Trainee Health and Safety Manager will have:
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety would be desirable although not essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some experience with working in a Health and Safety role
- Experience within a Heavy industry background or similar although not essential
In return, the successful Trainee Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of £22,000 - £25,000 including; holiday and employer pension.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.