UK Health and Safety Manager
A newly created opportunity has arisen for a UK Health and Safety Manager within an established and reputable distribution business, following their rapid expansion.
As a sought-after employer, this is an exciting opening within their team and the position will allow for continued career development overseeing the growing health and safety team. The organisation offers a generous salary and the chance for the successful candidate to really make the role their own.
The primary function of the UK Health and Safety Manager is to create a robust health and safety system and to nurture and develop a positive health and safety culture across the business.
Working in a vibrant and fast paced environment the successful UK Health and Safety Manager will benefit from the variety of a challenging multi-site role. Offering autonomy, ideally the successful candidate will be based in or around the Midlands but travel will be expected as part of the role.
The successful UK Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and nurturing the health and safety team to create a robust structure for supporting this multi-site organisation
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture across the business
- Reviewing and continually improving existing health and safety systems
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to ensure best practice health and safety
- Providing subject matter expert advice and assurance to the senior management team
The ideal individual will possess:
- The NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Experience of establishing a positive health and safety culture in a large multi-site business
- The ability and drive to work autonomously at a senior level
- Considerable previous relevant transport and distribution or similar industry experience
The industry leading salary package includes a basic salary of £45,000 - £50,000 dependent upon experience. In addition, the organisation offers a package including; car or car allowance, pension scheme, private medical insurance and discretionary bonus.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply now to register your interest in the role.