Vice President, Environment and Sustainability Director
A unique opportunity has arisen for the position of Vice President, Environment and Sustainability Director with a global power generation organisation. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Leadership team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, as the Vice President, Environment and Sustainability Director you will benefit from significant exposure with the board and working with a fast paced and dynamic senior leadership team. This exciting role based out of the organisations Vienna headquarters is a truly global position, where you will benefit from extensive exposure to a variety of cultures across three different continents.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an environmental leader to work for an entrepreneurial business consisting of over 100 individual operations covering a range of fuel types and technologies. With exponential growth over the past 2 decades and now a FTSE listed company, this is a fast paced environment where you can make a significant impact globally. With an enviable passion and commitment to environment, sustainability and CSR, this is the chance to create true cultural change.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- A rare opportunity to join a leading, entrepreneurial business with consistent growth
- The role comes with autonomy and the unique opportunity to shape the role as your own
- The role has direct access to all key stakeholders within the organisation, with impact potential with the board, reporting directly into the Chief Operating Officer
- An exciting global role, providing extensive opportunities for travel working within a business
embracing diverse cultures
As the Vice President, Environment and Sustainability Director you will be responsible for:
- Working with leaders across the business to ensure social and environmental targets and vision align with the corporate objectives
- Developing an innovative environmental and social strategy, forming a crucial element of future growth
- Designing, implementing and maintaining monitoring systems to track sustainability and environmental performance globally
- Managing and leading the environment and sustainability team, ensuring best practice is being driven across the globe
- Supporting divisions across the business with environmental challenges and ensuring all changes to environmental laws are being accounted for
The successful Vice President, Environment and Sustainability Director will:
- Hold an environmental, sustainability or engineering related degree
- Have significant environment and sustainability experience gained within large and high-risk international organisations
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating at board level with a fast paced and rapidly growing organisation, but happy to work operational when required
- Have experience within implementing environment, sustainability and CSR strategies and objectives
In return, the successful Vice President, Environment and Sustainability Director will be offered a salary of between €160,000- €180,000, plus a competitive bonus of up 40%, alongside a number of other benefits.
Principal People are acting as retained advisors to this organisation, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this outstanding opportunity.